Social Worker jobs
Putting children first guides everything we do at Oranga Tamariki.
We value fairness and sincerity, we treat whānau with respect, and we think long-term.
We believe that by getting involved early and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy, thriving New Zealanders.
If that’s your approach to social work, you could fit in well here.
What we're looking for
Our ideal candidates will be:
- new Social Work graduates or experienced practitioners
- dedicated to putting children and young people first
- resilient, motivated and caring
- culturally responsive and committed to bi-cultural practice
- confident communicators with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- excited about joining us on our journey.
For more detail, take a look at the Social Work job description.
Hours of Work
As part of the role as a Social Worker, you may be required to work on an on-call duty roster across the team at your site. This is not a 9am–5pm job and you may be required to work longer hours if there is a critical case that you need to support.
As a qualified Social Worker, you can earn a salary ranging from $46,867 to $72,301. Where you will fall within this range will depend on your specific skills and experience.
Te Reo knowledge
Having some knowledge of Māori language is not compulsory, however it is useful when working as a Social Worker.