COVID-19 information for partners
We are working closely with partners and providers so you have the information you need to keep tamariki and whānau safe and supported during the national response to COVID-19.
Alert Level 2
Our country’s goal is to eliminate COVID-19 from Aotearoa New Zealand. At Alert Level 2 the disease is contained but the risk of community transition remains. Our national response to this involves maintaining infection control measures and some restrictions to address sporadic cases or a cluster.
Alert Level 2 allows for businesses to open and services to be provided as normal where this can be done safely. Operating safely involves:
- maintaining physical distancing of one metre in the workplace unless other mitigating measures are in place
- keeping your distance from people you don’t know in public (ideally two metres)
- maintaining high levels of personal hygiene and workplace cleaning
- keeping accurate contact records to enable contact tracing if required
- checking with clients whether they are unwell or know of any COVID-19 risk
- appropriately using the personal protective equipment as required by the guidelines
- not bringing people together in groups larger than 10 people where they will be interacting with each other (i.e. in person group support or therapy sessions, training and meetings), and maintain a 2 hour time limit at such gatherings
- meeting all health and safety requirements.
We have updated guidance related to COVID-19 which you can use to develop resources for your own staff. This is available on our Practice Centre website.